- In January 2022, KUKA and Ford Otosan in Turkey signed a new framework contract for supplying more than 700 robots for Ford’s EV and connected commercial vehicle projects in plant Kocaeli.
- In January 2022, Yaskawa Electric Corporation announced a decision public to acquire additional shares of Doolim-Yaskawa Co., Ltd., a Korean robotic painting and sealing system integrator through Yaskawa Electric Korea Corporation, a consolidated subsidiary of Yaskawa Electric.
- In February 2021, ABB announced a new generation of collaborative robots for the faster accomplishment of tasks, side-by-side with people.
As such, it is no surprise that the logistics sector, and the subset of warehousing, has become an area of growth in the region. With warehouses getting busier by the day, the demand for more efficient warehouses has logistics companies turning to technology such as Robotics Arms that can cater to this industry.
Increasing investments in research and development: Further continuous product development and development of platforms for technology applications in R&D laboratories, striking a balance between short-term and long-term R&D programs is opening up new opportunities for robotic arms to increase their demand.
Increasing Requirement of Warehouse Automation: The demand for individuals emphasizing on fast and reliable delivery has become more so automating the warehouse management and investing in automated warehouses is booming the robotics market. Robots that support this type of logistics are on the rise as more and more people shop online.
Introduction of the advanced technologies: The technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning are highly demanded these days. The involvement of AI and ML in warehouse robotics systems and robots has opened various opportunities.
Warehouse automation, involves the automation of repetitive tasks, which can involve digital automation, such as with a warehouse management system, and physical automation, which involves the use of robotics. This, in turn, takes care of labor-intensive, time-consuming duties, allowing workers to focus on more value-added tasks, such as quality control.
New emerging technology innovations like Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS), Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs – work with other navigation methods like Optical Tapes, Sensors) and Picking Systems (Pick by Voice, Pick by Vision, Pick by Light) to make the warehouse more effective so that customer expectation to deliver the product within 12/24 hours can be met.
There are many leading players in warehouse automation across different functions like Material Handling, AMRs, Sensors & Control, AIDC and WMS.
Key Facts and Drivers for Warehouse Automation Market
- Order Fulfilment in E-commerce sector is the biggest factor driving the adoption of warehouse automation technologies
- High warehouse rents, shortage of skilled warehouse staffs and increasing staff costs are driving even higher adoption
- AGV/AMR, ASRS and Order Picking Solutions to have the highest market share of warehouse automation market in 2025
- Last Mile Delivery, Micro Fulfillment centres and Urban Warehouses drive the need for reduced warehouse space and more automation
DO YOU PROVIDE WAREHOUSE AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS? IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR AN EXHIBITION IN MALAYSIA OR TRADE SHOW IN MALAYSIA TO JOIN, THE INNOVATE TECH SHOW IS WHAT YOU NEED.
BOOK YOUR SPOT TODAY. CLICK BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE