With a portfolio of leading events, Best Events is currently seeking an enthusiastic yet composed Events Assistant with some relevant experience to join our team. The successful candidate will support our current range of events and support a range of new and exciting events.
Requirements & Responsibilities (The serious stuff) include:
- Familiarity with events production / operations
- The ability to listen to the clients’ needs and read between the lines when needed
- A proven ability in assisting in developing successful conferences and events from conception to completion.
- The ability to assist in the management of all aspects of conference production from pre-event planning through to post-event evaluation and reporting.
- Providing end to end assistance with management of conferences including: assisting management of venues, facilities, suppliers, registration, delegates, AV & technical, transportation, exhibition & signage, stage set / design, crisis planning, health & safety, security and risk assessment.
- Ability to research and contract the right suppliers
- Experience in supporting and working alongside sales and marketing teams
- Assisting with sourcing, negotiating and managing relationships with venues, suppliers and external vendors to achieve the highest standard of excellence.
- Ensuring that all conferences meet risk, brand and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in developing, implementing and managing processes and procedures to ensure strict adherence with hospitality guidelines and compliance policies.
- Proven on-site conference management skills including assisting in greeting speakers, assisting in running the programme / stages, networking etc
- The ability to be self-starting and to work without supervision after two months probation and on-the-job training
- A confident phone manner, strong skills of persuasion and negotiation
- Have a sense of humour
- This role will offer the right candidate both the opportunity to assist in the production of existing events and exhibitions whilst moving towards developing a range of new events within the clients sector.
- Have a working laptop (until you are a confirmed staff) and a valid driving license and car
The successful candidate will need to be:
- Proactive, resilient and extremely confident when dealing with clients and suppliers at all levels
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be motivated by achieving and exceeding targets
- Have an excellent command of English both written and verbal. BM is a bonus
- Familiar with using emails, WhatsApp, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Canva, Eventbrite, Facebook (you have a week to do your research before the interview)
- Be brave to present their ideas to improve processes and results
- Passionate about building and helping communities especially when it comes to providing education/ improved wellbeing
- Respectful towards the elderly and the less fortunate
- Positive and have a “can do” attitude
- A movie and pizza fan
- Unafraid of making mistakes but learns and rectifies them quickly
The basic salary for this role will range from RM18,000 – RM24,000 per annum with an annual bonus (paid upon personal and event performance). Commission is paid for event sponsors found and event contracts confirmed.
HOW TO APPLY
The world doesn’t need more boring resumes.
Send us a maximum TWO minute YouTube link to email@example.com telling us why you think you will be a super Events Assistant and how you will make the world a better place. (A cameo appearance by your pet might help too)
Successful candidates will be called in for an interview where their communication skills will be tested.
A little bit about us in case you think we’re whack jobs. Besides what you know about us from our website (yes, where you’re at right now). We are based in Damansara Intan but we don’t want to see you at the office regularly. As creative people, we like our freedom and we’re sure you do too.
We have weekly meetings at the office to ensure you’re not getting paid to do nothing and are actually meeting our targets. We want you out there calling and meeting prospects and clients. Our profit/loss sheets will show us how you’re doing. We don’t tolerate big-talkers and small-doers.
We will groom and train you so you’ll be sought after by all our clients and competitors but you won’t leave us because we know you’re loyal and you will be rewarded greatly for your efforts.